We have purchased a one-year subscription to ACS live webinar training. This is a great opportunity for any ACS user to receive personalized training on specific topics. Continue reading “ACS Webinars”
New to ACS?
We use this blog to provide support, training and resources of our ACS users. It’s the “first stop” for ACS users trying to learn new features or grow their knowledge of ACS. Continue reading “Welcome to the team!”
When you log in to People Suite for the very first time, your settings for searching people limit you to searching by last name. You’ll find that if you type a comma after the name, your search results will take you to the bottom of the list of people with that last name. But there’s is an easier way! Continue reading “Making it easier to find people”
Download the training notes
Important points to remember when building a registration:
- Consistency is KEY! Be sure every registration follows the proper structure:
- Do not ask name
- Use pre-filled options for gender & date of birth whenever possible
- ALWAYS ask:*
- Experience with Church?
- Do not attend church
- Attend another church
- Attend Westover
- Experience with Church?
- Add a department to your registration!!!
- Do NOT make every question required unless absolutely necessary.
Additional Training Resources:
As you’ve probably noticed, prayer requests (from response cards) are being entered in ACS. The benefits of this are many:
- We can simply run a report to share and distribute prayer needs
- Staff and volunteers (some) can view those requests in the person’s profile which allows us the following:
- The ability to see more about the person in their profile
- Pastors can access information on the Church Life App
- Provides a prayer need history
- All of the above contribute to better ministering to individuals and families
As part of this – we have 2 comment types: Prayer Requests and Prayer Req. Inter. The difference is requests under the “Inter.” comment type are to be included in the Intercessor.
If you know of someone with a specific request that is not time sensitive, feel free to add the comment to ACS (under the appropriate comment type) and when I (Tamy) run the report each week it will be added to the prayer request report which is then sent to staff.
Please DO NOT DELETE individuals from a group unless they were added by mistake.
Posting attendance is a very important task! When we record attendance, it allows us to know crucial ministry details including:
- Who we are reaching
- How many we are reaching
- How frequently do “regulars” attend
- When do we “lose” people
- Attendance/involvement is a key to measuring spiritual growth (not a stand alone – but generally when someone is struggling, their attendance patterns change)
Therefor, posting attendance is essential to helping us measure our reach and impact as well as to helping us build community. The good news – Posting Attendance is easy to do!
When someone provides an incomplete address, please enter it in ACS as the address type “Incomplete”. If you discover an address is incomplete, please change it to this address type.
Mailings should never include the incomplete address type.