Facility Scheduler allows us reserve space, resources & avoid double bookings as well as offer online registration for events. Learn how to use FS with this tutorial including:
From the dashboard, select “Calendar” on the ribbon bar (img. 1)
- Select the big green “Add Event” button at the top of the page. (img. 2)
- Select “Standard Event” and click “OK” .
- Type your Event Name (use the name format of Ministry: Event Date For example: Singles: Vine Beach Retreat 2015).
- Select the ministry calendar.
- Select your event start date
(if this is a recurring event choose the date of the first meeting/class/group, etc.). Do not change the end date unless the event continues for a consecutive time period (such as a camp).
- Set the event start time.
- Set the end time of the event.
- Set the set up & tear down time in hours and minutes.
- Status: Your new event will default to “Pending” and should be left as pending. Operations will take a look at it and move forward with updating the status.
- Published: If the information for this event (name, location, time and event description) should be published, or is public knowledge check this box.
- Primary Location:
- Choose the primary location for your event. If this is in a single room, your primary location is easy. If this is in multiple rooms such as AWANA or Financial Peace, select the room people will first go to, or where the majority of the event will take place. If you need additional spaces, you’ll be able to add them to the reservation in a few more steps.
- To select the primary location, click on the “…” button to view available rooms. Tip: To only view available spaces, be sure to uncheck the “Include Booked Resources” box. (img. 3)
A green arrow means the resource is available
- A red “!” means it is not available for part or all of that event
- An event that takes place on Mondays at 10 am may conflict with an event on one other day. It does not mean the resource is never available for that day/time, but at some level there is a conflict.
- Tags: Tags help us run reports for specific purposes. Please use tags as they apply to your event. Generally, you will only use Communications and/or Food tags, but from time to time you may need to select other tags: av resource: An Audio/Video resource is needed* av tech: A member of WAV is requested* communications: This event needs to be communicated church-wide facility staff: The Facilities team may need to know about this event* food: If food is being served, be sure to select this tag so it can be properly cleaned and avoid unwanted pests global: an event for global ministries* sm support: * *Check with Operations (Amy Dowdle) before using these tags as she may prefer to use them to notate that she has communicated with the affected ministry
- To add a tag, click into the box and use the list that automatically populates selecting one at a time.
- Event Description: This box is visible to anyone who stumbles upon this event. If the event is published this information is visible through the website, appears at the top of the registration for this event.
- Write a brief description of the event as well as the contact person’s name.
- If you have specific set-up instructions place an “*” at the beginning of the event description (you’ll type the specific details on the “notes” page but adding the asterisk alerts Operations to check the notes page
If you’re done with setting up your event, you can hit the “Save & Close” button on the ribbon (the floppy disk). If you need to add a recurrence, additional details, additional resources, or create a registration, continue on.
- To add or remove resources associated with your reservation, select the bookings button at the top of the window (just to the right of the “Event” button).
- Select “add resource” on the ribbon bar, to add a new resource.
- To remove a resource, select the resource and click “remove resource” on the ribbon bar.
- To check for conflicts, add the resources you’d like, then click on the red icon to view which conflicts (and when).
We do not use the attachments page at this time.
- Click on the Notes button on the ribbon.
- Use the Text block to give instructions or make notes about the event. e.g.:
- Need wheelchair access, would like 2 buffet tables to set up at the back of the room.
To set an event as recurring such as a weekly small group or a quarterly prayer meeting:
- Click on the Recurrence button on the ribbon.
- Select how often your event recurs.
- Set your “Range of recurrence” (does your event take place for 10 occurrences, or end on a specific date).
- To remove specific dates (such as when a small group does not meet during the GCS Christmas Break, select “Add/Manage Dates”.
- Click on the date to remove, then right click and choose to remove the date.
- Additional dates can be added this way as well, simply select the date to add and right click, choosing “add date” (this might be helpful if a group that normally meets on Sunday is going to meet on Thursday for a special event).
- Click Ok.
- Double check your start date and time (sometimes they get goofed up) then click Ok to save your recurrence.
You can tag an event to multiple calendars, but this feature is seldom used.
Set Event Type
If you need to change the event type, you can do so by clicking on the event type button